Chad is a large desert country in the centre of northern Africa, west of Sudan and south of Libya. It is mainly a wide basin surrounded by mountain ranges to the north, east and south. Only the south is more fertile savanna with marshes and wetlands. Lake Chad is on the far western border with Niger, Nigeria and Cameroon. Chad's highest peak is the volcanic Emi Koussi (3445 m), part of the Tibesti mountains in the Sahara of northern Chad.
There appear to be some hiking possibilities in the Tibesti Mountains, but conditions are extreme in terms of drought, heat and cold, and lack of any facilities whatsoever.
- An African Adventure Atlas
- This text divides the African continent into 15 geographical regions which are introduced over 30 pages and serve to lead the reader into the sections of the atlas, comprising National Parks, town plans and adventure activities. For ease of reference, colour-coded "tabs" clearly identify the different secitons, which include: Morocco and the... Read more
- Road map of Chad from IGN, France’s national survey organization, with colouring and graphics indicating different types of terrain and vegetation. The network of rivers and seasonal streams is presented in some detail, with many smaller rivers named. The mountainous northern part of the country is shown with contours, names of many... Read more
- patricia duke 2012-03-27 03:35:34
- where is chad located and what is the official language
- patricia duke 2012-03-27 03:32:05
- what is the population