- Name Rideau Trail
- Lengte van pad 385 km, 239 mijl
- Lengte in dagen 21 dagen
- Start van pad Ottawa
- Einde van pad Kingston
- Traildino graad MW, Gemiddelde wandeling, trektocht
- Huttentrektocht graad T1, Wandeling
Ottawa - Kingston, 200 km + 185 km side trails
The Rideau Trail is a 387 km hiking trail in Ontario, also open for showshoeing and cross country skiing. It links Ottawa and Kingston, which is the main 200 km section of the trail system.
The name of the trail is derived from the Rideau Canal, although the hiking trail does not closely follow this waterway.
You will hike through farmland, sometimes over rural roads, but also through rugged terrain in the Frontenac Provincial Park.
- AltonSkiXC September 1979
- Beoordeling 8
- Positief The country side is both Urban and Wild varying all along the trail. I started out hiking this trail and I guess I am prejudice about it.
- Negatief There is no camping in most of the spots along the route. It would be nice if it was one of those you could hike from end to end.